Pumpkin candlesticks are a great way to decorate your house. In addition to being very cute, they are also very fun and easy to make. Many people focus on decoration the outside of their house for Halloween since most expect to get the trick-or-treaters, but if you are planning a Halloween party or simply want to add some Halloween spirit to your home, pumpkin candlesticks are a great way to decorate.
-4 (you can have as many as you want, but 4 is a good number) plastic or glass wine goblets. Make sure that they are different sizes, because this adds variety and draws more attention to the candlesticks.
-4 (or however many glasses you have chosen to use) votive holders
-4 (again, or however many glasses you have chosen to use) tea light candles.
-black acrylic paint
-orange acrylic paint
-white acrylic paint
-green acrylic paint
-acrylic sealer spray
1.First of all, take the wine goblets and clean them. Wash them with soap and water. Rinse them and dry them off.
- Once the wine goblet is completely dry, turn it upside down. Take the green acrylic paint and grab a paintbrush. You don’t have to paint the bottom of the glass because that is where the candles will go so you will not see it, but some people like to do it anyway. Paint the stem of the wine goblet green. You can stop at the end of the stem, or paint a little onto the wine goblet, whatever you feel would look best.
- Let the paint dry before moving on to the next step, because if it is still wet while you are painting the rest of the glass, you could accidentally brush up against the stem and mess up the paint. Make sure that you rinse off your paintbrush if you are planning on using the same one for all the colors so that the colors do not mix together.
- After letting the stem dry, grab the orange paint. Paint the actual wine goblet orange. You may want to add another coat depending on what the first one looks like after it has dried. Again, it is very important that you let the paint dry completely before you move on to the next step because if you paint over wet paint, all the colors will blend together and look bad.
- After the orange paint has dried, grab the black and white acrylic paint. Paint the faces of the pumpkins over the orange paint. If you do not know what you want the pumpkins to look like, looking on the Internet will probably help. After you have painted the faces of the pumpkins, let the goblets dry.
- When the goblets are dry, spray them with the acrylic sealer. Make sure you get every part of the goblet, so that the paint does not chip away.
- After the sealer has dried, glue the votive holders to the bottom of the wine goblets. Put the tea candles in the votive holder, light them, and enjoy!
“Pumpkin Candle Holders,” www.familycorner.com/homegarden/crafts/pumpkin_candle_holders.shtml