Super Easy and Super Cute
I have no sewing abilities at all but wanted to make some Halloween themed decorative pillows to add to my holiday decor. After much thinking I came up with a no sew pillow based on the popular no sew fleece blankets. You may wonder how anyone can make a no sew pillow, the trick is knots. Fleece fabric can be tied together since fleece doesn’t require any hemming. This is a really simple project and is easy for even a child to make. The only requirement is that they be able to cut with scissors and tie a knot.
To begin you will need the following supplies
Fleece material in a Halloween colors or a Halloween themed print
Time Needed: 2-3 hours
- To begin decide on what shape you want your pillow to be. Square shapes are the easiest to make.
- Cut the shape you have decided on out leaving room for a 4 inch fringe and remember to cut it about 8 inches larger than you actually want it to allow for stuffing. Instead of cutting out each shape separately stack your material before cutting.
- Use a ruler and chalk to draw whatever shape you’ve chosen 4 inches in from the edge of the fabric.
- From the edge of your material to the shape you drew inside measure and draw fringe that’s about 1 inch wide and 4 inches long .
- Stack the shapes with the chalk lines on top. Cut the fringe, through both layers of fleece, stopping at the center shape.
- Pick a starting place and tie the top piece of fringe to the bottom piece by double-knotting them. Continue up the side of the pillow and all the way around until you have 5 fringe strips left untied.
For square or rectangle shaped pillows, cut off and discard the corner fringes before you begin knotting.
- Stuff with fiberfill and tie the remaining fringes. Brush off any chalk marks.
Use a solid color such as orange and turn your pillow into a Jack -o lantern by adding a eyes a nose and mouth cut out of felt and hot glued on.
You could make a ghost by using white fleece with circles of black felt for the eyes and mouth.
Try using two different colors of fabric for a look that really stands out.