Pumpkin carving is a ritual that many if not most people who celebrate Halloween look forward to. What used to be all about the basic triangle shape eyes and squared snagged teeth has grown, and people now challenge themselves with stencils of various scenes and faces. It’s funny to think about how carving for me was all about the pumpkin seeds my mother would salt and bake. As I grew older the process to get to the seeds was only a plus and I began to carve the pumpkin myself, challenging my coordination and creativity to intricate silly faces and complicated and creepy scenes. Here are 10 frightening and scary theme stencils that I have come across with their attached links and a description. Here is also a great site to find some more printable stencils online: http://www.hersheys.com/trickortreats/lib/img/crafts/stencils/mummy.gif.
- A demon devil. Quite terrifying.
Complex Level: # # #
Scary level: *~**~**~*
- Haunted Tree with 3 Bats. This one gives scary a good name. With its neat pattern and melting look a must for anyone with an art passion.
Comples Level # #
- Michael Jackson Thriller. Put the king of pop from the thriller video on your pumpkin.
Complex Level # #
- Grim Reaper. Easy but definitely gets the creepy point across.
Complex Level: #
- Screaming Face with fangs. The frightening face will stop guest at the door. The fangs take a real bite out of the pumpkin, but fear not this is not that complex to work with.
Complex Level: # #
Scary Level *~* *~*